Beer Shanks Assembly
Draft beer shanks are a tiny piece of equipment required to set up a proper beer dispensing system. While they may seem like just another part for some, getting the right beer tap shank for your system is important since it connects the beer line and the faucet in a place where no leaks are allowed.
BeverageCraft offers a wide selection of best beer faucets and shanks for sale guaranteed to suit any of your beer dispensing needs. Feel free to browse our selection by clicking on the item you’re interested in for more details, product images, and prices.
If you are not sure which beer shank size or beer diameter is right for your draft beer dispensing system, let BeverageCraft specialists step in and help you make the right choice. Contact our team via live chat, email or phone - we’ll be there in an instant to provide you with professional consult and assistance.
What Is a Beer Shank?
Think of a beer shank as a connecting piece that forms a bridge between your beer line and the faucet. It is essentially a metal tube that anchors your beer faucet solidly to the refrigerator wall or draft tower.
The reason we often use the term “beer shank assembly” is because beer shanks consist of several parts, which usually come assembled in a single unit when a beer shank is sold.
Parts of a Beer Faucet Shank
Beer shanks come in several varieties that may differ in terms of their configuration, but the most typical beer shank consists of the following parts:
- Shank sleeve
- Shank collar
- Shank teeth
- Shank wall flange
- Shank hex nut
Beer Shank Types
Even such a seemingly straightforward piece of equipment as beer shanks can come in a number of varieties, the three main of which are:
- Straight shank - most commonly seen on refrigerator conversions and assemblies through cooler walls. Attaching a straight shank to the beer line will require a tailpiece, hex nut, washer, and clamp. You can get a short or long beer tap shank. The actual beer shank length depends on your particular draft beer setup.
- Nipple shank - most commonly found on kegerators. The nipple (hose barb) is already a part of the assembly, which makes attaching the clamp and the beer line easier.
- Shank with bent tube - a variation of the nipple shank. The major difference here is a 90-degree bent nipple, which is done to accommodate the beer line while preventing it from crimping.
Beer Shanks From BeverageCraft
We offer all kinds of draft beer shanks and beer tap faucet parts depending on the:
- Stainless steel beer shank
- Chrome-plated brass beer shank
- Standard beer shank
- Nipple shank
- Shank with bent tube (elbow shank)
- Double-faucet beer shank (aka dual faucet beer shank)
From a simple, standard beer shank to an exquisite Perlick faucet shank combo, we’ve got it all.
If you are looking for a particular beer tower shank or beer shank part and haven’t found it on our website, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability. We have new arrivals every week and are always here to help.