Jockey Box Coil Coolers
Cooling coil is the main and arguably the most important component of your jockey box since that’s where all the cooling magic happens.
Coil-based jockey boxes are the most popular type out there since they allow you to serve beer continuously in reasonably large amounts at events like music festivals, tailgating parties and any other large gatherings of people that might benefit from some ice-cold draft beer.
How Does Jockey Box Coils Work?
The way a jockey box cooling coil works is really simple and straightforward - the beer from your keg flows through the coil getting cooled down by the ice in the box. Depending on the jockey box coil length (ranges from 50’ to 120’), you can serve different amounts of cold beer.
For the proper setup, you will need the following elements:
- stainless steel jockey box coil cooler
- an abundance of cubed ice
- beer keg
- CO2 tank
- a bunch of couplers to hook it all up
Setting the whole system up would require you to go through the following steps:
- Make sure your faucet is shut in order to avoid any spilled beer
- Attach the keg coupler (with one tube running from the CO2 tank and another one connected to the jockey box) to your beer keg
- Turn on the CO2 tank and adjust the pressure to the right range
- Open the faucet on the tank
- Run some beer through the coils before adding ice to prevent any lines from freezing
- Fill the jockey box with cubed ice and water enough to cover the coils
- Let it stay for 10-15 minutes and then it’s ready for some major beer dispensing!
Need Help? Contact Us!
We offer high-quality Canadian made jockey box coils that are good to go with any jockey box of the appropriate size. If you’re not sure which cooling coil is right for you, please contact us via live chat, email ➔ email@example.com or phone - we’ll be there in an instant to provide you with professional consult and assistance.