Jockey Box Cold Plate Chiller
Cold plate chiller is the main component of your jockey box cooler since it enables the cooling process and makes your draft beer ice-cold!
Unlike jockey boxes that use stainless steel ooling coils, cold plate-based jockey boxes feature simple and straightforward design. They’re easier to use and maintain - plus, they’re super-durable.
Jockey box cold plate coolers are ideal for smaller events like backyard parties, camping trips, picnics, or any other type of gatherings where beer needs to stay cool for a long period of time.
How Does a Beer Jockey Box Plate Chiller Work?
The cold plate itself is a thin-profile block made of aluminum with stainless steel tubing embedded in it. The beer from the keg flows through the plate covered with ice, thus getting cold when it reaches the faucet through a series of vinyl tubes.
Depending on the cold plate dimensions (ranges from 8’’ x 12’’ plate to 10’’ x 15’’ plate), you can serve different amounts of beer. Jockey box cold plate coolers come in two versions - for one product or for two products allowing you to serve beer from two different kegs.
For the proper setup, you will need the following elements:
- standard or DIY jockey box cold plate
- an abundance of crushed ice
- beer keg
- CO2 tank
- a bunch of couplers for connection
In order to set it all up, you will have to go through these simple steps:
- Make sure your faucet is shut
- Attach the keg coupler to your beer keg
- Turn on the CO2 tank and adjust the pressure to the right range
- Open the faucet on the tank
- After the keg’s been connected, tap it and dispense a small amount of beer into the jockey box before adding ice
- Fill the jockey box with crushed ice
- Open the drain plug and keep it that way while your jockey box is in use
- Let the ice sit there for 10 minutes and then it’s ready to use!
- Don’t forget to check on the ice condition every once in a while to see if it needs a little breaking down and shuffling in order to stay in full contact with the jockey box chiller plate.
Need Help? Contact Us!
We offer high-quality 1 and 2 tap jockey box plate chillers that are good to go with any jockey box of the appropriate size. If you’re not sure which cold plate is right for you, please contact us via live chat, email ➔ email@example.com or phone - we’ll be there in an instant to provide you with professional consult and assistance.